Turchyn Yaryna Bohdanivna
|Turchyn B. Yaryna|
Director of the Institute of Humanities
and Social Studies
|Birth date||October 22, 1975|
|Birth place||Lviv, Ukraine|
|Worked at places||Lviv Polytechnic National University|
|Alma mater||Ternopil State Pedagogical Institute|
|Research areas||Modern issues of the Ukrainian foreign policy.
Ukrainian political thinking in the period between wars.
|Degree||Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor|
|Supervisor|| Professor Mykola P. Hetmanchuk,
Doctor of Historical Sciences
|Current position||Director of the Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Сторінка на lp.edu.ua||Official page|
In 1997 graduated from Ternopil State Pedagogical Institute. During 2000-2004 took postgraduate courses at Lviv Polytechnic. Ya. Turchyn has been working at Lviv Polytechnic National University since 2004. She headed the Department of Political Science in the period of 2007-2014. From December 2014 holds the position of Director of the Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences.
In 2005 she defended the Candidate thesis “Socio-Political Views and Ideals of State Building of S. Shelukhin”. In 2011 she defended the Doctor thesis on “Ideals of State Building of O. Eikhelman: Evolution of the Institutional Dimensions of Policy” in specialty 23.00.01 – Theory and History of Political Science.
Ya. Turchyn’s scientific contribution comprises 160 works in Political Science, among them more than 20 training manuals and dictionaries , 2 monographs, 30 teaching handbooks, 110 scientific publications , 54 of them being scientific articles.
In 2012 she won the competition among the authors of monographs, textbooks and manuals in the category “The Best Monograph” and was awarded with the First Degree Diploma of Lviv Polytechnic National University.
Ya. Turchyn participated in 60 international and all-Ukrainian scientific and practical conferences, departmental and inter-departmental scientific seminars (workshops).
Turchyn B. Yaryna has several times been involved into organization and work of Ecumenical social weeklies in Lviv; in particular, in 2012 she was awarded with Acknowledgement from the Secretariat of Ecumenical Social weeklies of Ukraine for her help in organizing and conducting the Fifth Ecumenical social weekly “Future of Democracy in Ukraine”.
Since 2009 Ya. Turchyn has been supervising the department’s research direction “Problems and Prospects of Developing Democracy in Ukraine” and since 2013 under her scientific guidance the department is doing research in “Political Aspects of State Development: Internal and External Dimensions”. Turchyn B. Yaryna is a scientific advisor of some postgraduates. Ya. Turchyn is a member of Specialized Academic Board D. 35.051.17 at Ivan Franko Lviv National University. Turchyn B. Yaryna is a member of Editorial Boards of three scientific journals:
- "Ukrainian National Idea: Realities and Prospects of Development" (Lviv Polytechnic National University);
- Philosophic Bulletin  (Lviv Polytechnic National University);
- “Philosophic and Political Studies”  (Ivan Franko Lviv National University).
Also Ya. Turchyn heads the Editorial Board of the journal “Humanitarian Visions”. Ya. Turchyn supervises the work of the VECTOR scientific analytical center of political research at Lviv Polytechnic National University. Turchyn B. Yaryna is a member of The Academic Board of Lviv Polytechnic National University, heads the Academic Board of the Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences, is a member of the Attestation Commission of Lviv Polytechnic National University Academic Board.
Yaryna Turchyn is a member of Shevchenko Prosvita Society Council at Lviv Polytechnic National University.
Awards and honours
Ya. Turchyn was awarded with:
- Certificate of Honor of Lviv Polytechnic National University for excellent teaching and scientific achievements and outstanding service to Lviv Polytechnic (2009);
- University Badge of Honor for considerable scientific achievements (2012);
- First Degree Diploma of Lviv Polytechnic National University (2012);
- Acknowledgment from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for many years of dedicated work, significant contribution in training high-quality specialists and fruitful teaching and scientific work (2014).
- Official information resource of Lviv Polytechnic National University
- Encyclopedia of Lviv Polytechnic
- Director of the Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences - Yaryna Turchyn: Integration - correct use of the tools
- The challenges of integration under globalization: international conference was held in Lviv Polytechnic
- Director of the Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences - Yaryna Turchyn: "The youth became engine of change"
Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences:
5 Metropolitan Andrey Str., Lviv, 79013 4-th academic building, 211-th room
Phone number(s): +38 (032) 258-23-50, +38 (032) 258-23-20, +38 (032) 258-23-31
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com